Flood Cleanup in Bloomington, IL
immediate Flood damage Cleanup
Water damage can be extremely stressful for those who experience it for the first time and have no idea where to turn. Professional flooding cleanup is recommended as the immediate action to be taken to prevent further damage and thus further expenses. When your house or office floods, water can cause damage to the structure of the building, personal belongings, and health of the occupants. Therefore, proper immediate cleanup, strategy & execution are very important to remove water, mud, and other debris caused by floods. Restore your carpeting, floorboards, and wallboards to their original state with Quick Brite.
Dangers of Flood Water
After your home has been flooded, it is important to clean it up as soon as possible to protect your health and prevent further damage to your home and belongings. If you have been evacuated, they you should not return home after a flood until cleanup is finished and a supply of safe water and proper disposal of human waste and garbage has been arranged. When you arrive home, no part of a flooded installation can be assumed safe, not even the main breaker for the power supply. Before electrical equipment is tested or worked on, all power should be disconnected at the service panel with the main switch in the “off” position until work has been completed.
When flood water has risen above the outlets, covers the power cords, or reaches the service panel, you should ask your power company to disconnect the power to your home. When the power has been turned off or disconnected, experts such as Quick Brite should be contacted to determine whether electrical equipment such as wires and plugs need to be replaced. Any attempt to use electrical appliances that have been wet until they have been checked by an expert is very dangerous. As part of our flood water cleanup services, we check the safety of the rooms including electical appliances.
Moreover, floodwater is usually very dirty. During a flood, water leaves the normal course of streambeds and washes over the countryside. Thereafter, the floodwaters come in contact with farmyards, manure piles, refuse heaps, outhouses, overflowing septic systems, and other sources of diseases, resulting in heavy contamination of the water. The contaminated water can make people sick; thus, items that have been in contact with the floodwaters must be handled properly by experts
Lastly, if flood damaged areas are not cleaned properly and quickly, there is a danger of molds growing in damp areas. Molds can be harmful to individuals if inhaled or swallowed, causing respiratory problems or worse - infection. Therefore, flood cleanup, which involves completely cleaning and drying your home of floodwater, removes the places where molds are likely to thrive - wet or damp areas.
WHAT TO DO after a flood
Quick Brite presents some things that you can do while waiting for us to arrive at the scene. Remember that floodwaters are dangerous, so extra caution is necessary in performing the following actions:
- Do not re-enter your home until a qualified electrician has determined that it is safe to do so, especially if the main power switch was not turned off prior to flooding.
- Use extreme caution when returning to your home after a flood. Appliances that may have been flooded pose a risk of shock or fire when turned on.
- Wear sturdy shoes. The most common injury following a disaster is cut feet. Furthermore, use only battery-powered lighting as flammable material may be present.
- Do not use any air conditioning, heating, pressure, piping or sewage system until components have been thoroughly cleaned, dried, and inspected by an expert.
- Make sure that the building is structurally safe. Look for buckled walls or floors. Watch for holes in the floor, broken glass, and other potentially dangerous debris.
- Floodwater can be heavily contaminated with sewage and other pollutants. It can cause sickness and infections. If you suspect that your water has been contaminated through color, odor, or taste, then don't use or drink it and contact your provider immediately.
- Discard household items that have been flood-damaged according to local regulations.
- Store all valuable papers that have been damaged in a freezer until they are needed.
- After your cleanup, consult your lawyer to determine whether flood-damaged documents or just the information in them must be retained. Also ask your next move in terms of insurance.
- Record details of flood damage through photograph or video, if possible. Register the amount of damage to your home with both your insurance agent and local municipality immediately.
Quick Brite will be at your location at the soonest possible time. Trust us to use our expertise to solve your floodwater problem.
Prevent floodwater damage
No one wants to prolong a flooded home. Acting immediately means fewer expenses in the long run. For quality flood cleanup services, trust Quick Brite. We can also help you with any of the following services;
- Professional Cleaners in Bloomington IL
- Residential Cleaners in Bloomington IL
- Property Cleaners in Bloomington IL
- Move out Cleaners in Bloomington IL
End your flood damage problems today with Quick Brite.
Contact us today for more information about our services.